Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Money is tough to get around here!

So apparently Canadian dollars don't exist in Mokpo, South Korea. I had a HELL of a time getting the Kookmin Bank downtown to exchange my Korean money for anything at all. I thought I had them when I pulled out my piece of paper on which I had scralled the definition for "cashier's check", and they said, "Oooooooh!". Thought I was golden. Nope. What we call a cashier's check they call a traveller's check. In American dollars. Why can they not just write a cashier's check for 2000000KRW? Who knows... At any rate, now we have American dollars to exchange. Yee haw! Guess this is what we get for living out in the sticks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well folks, at least you have American dollars...we can accomodate those in this part of the world. See you soon!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

We needed Singapore dollars before our trip to Sing... of course we were in Seoul. They told us there was only 1 branch that had them. It took us the better part of the day to find the bank before we caught our plan.
Nice-uh