Sunday, December 17, 2006

Little Bit of News

Hey everybody, no news right now, it's been a pretty slow week. We did have our good friends Richard and Shannon over for supper and cards last night. The supper was pretty good, rice casserole (with chicken for Dawn and I), and our counterparts brought a Vietnamese rice wrap! Sounds weird, but is actually quite tasty! It is a clear, plastic-y feeling, round wafer which you submerge in warm water for a few seconds, drip dry a little, then fill with veggies (or whatever you want to fill it with) and wrap up. After being wet the wafers soften and almost get gooey. Thankfully they don't taste funny, in fact you can't taste the rice wafer at all. A truly unique food to be sure.

Dawn also decided to decorate the house for the holidays (and probably thereafter) with lights in our bedroom and in the room in which I currently sit. Cool LED lights that have 8 patterns, switchable right on the cord. Very cool. She also decided a while ago to blow up a few of her favourite pictures and put them on the wall. We blew them up to 11X14 and she bought some colourful paper to mount them on. Then, for some, she decided to cut them up and do sort of a mural-ly kind of thing. They look awesome, and I wish I had a picture to put up. I shall do that post-haste. We also got an oven for my baking deprived wife, and she promptly made me cookies! Score!

I also put up a couple things in our sidebar. One is a link to our Flickr page, which has lots of our pictures, and will house many more. I also put up a time counter, which is on Mokpo time, so you will know when to call us ;) And last but not least, there is a new weather widget, with current weather in Mokpo. FYI it is currently snowing the largest flakes I have ever seen. Wow. They're huge. It's like snowballs falling. Small snowballs. I'll shut up now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, sometimes I worry about you. You need to get out of the house more. That being said, it's nice to have the critters on the sidebar...I'm one of those time challenged individuals.

Take care you two. We'll talk soon!

Courty

Brent said...

Yeah, funny how the default seeting on those lights is "seizure".

Have a great Holiday season guys!

Brent & Steph