Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mosquito trouble... in December!

When was the last time you had a mosquito bite in December? I can't remember ever even seeing one after September, but I got one today. And stranger yet, the bastard bit me on the LIP! In the middle of the night, I woke up because I felt something tickle my bottom lip. Instinctively, I used my top teeth to scratch at whatever was there, and my lip felt really weird, not painful, but just weird. So I woke up a little more, and still felt that kind of itchy feeling. Then I realized my lip was starting to swell, and knew exactly what had happened. Even worse than that, I turned my head and saw the mosquito on the wall, but couldn't kill it! He's still out there, waiting to get my other lip.

Stranger still, this MAY be the same bug that previously took down the light cover in our foyer, smashing it on the tile floor. Okay it was actually me that did that, but I was trying to hit a mosquito on the ceiling. Somehow the impact of my hand knocked the cover right off, missing my head by inches and spraying glass everywhere! Could have been bad!

Okay this post sucks, but it's all I've got right now. Maybe we'll have an eventful New Year's Eve?...

No comments: