Thursday, February 08, 2007

Missed Something...

I realized today that I missed a piece of last week when I last posted! Whoopsie!! Friday was picture day for Dawn's kindergarten class. There are only 5 of them this time, as opposed to 8 last time, so things were a little quicker. The kids all got to dress up in the cap and gown to have a solo picture taken, and then after that was done the all got to have a picture in the "fancy clothes" that were on hand. It was just a big game of dress up, with pictures being taken. Then they had to have a picture with the teachers (Dawn, Deborah and, for some reason, me). And they did one of just Dawn and I, which is cool. Dawn and I were marvelling at the guy editing pictures while we were standing around. He was so fast at it! It took him about a minute and a half to do anything from turning the head of the person so that it was straight (!) to "liquifying" the eyes and using the clone stamp tool to clear skin! Pretty impressive.

But the fun was yet to come. We walked back to the van to go home, and just as we got there and were loading all the kids in, a guy came running after us with a video camera! Turns out he was getting people to do an interview about Mokpo for the government website. So of course he askedus to comment. Dawn and I stood in front of the van, and he taped us telling people about how Yudalsan is really pretty in the spring, and I recommended Mokpo to foreigners coming to Korea because it's small enough to be nice, but big enough to be convenient. I think that should be their slogan! So hopefully we make it on the website. I'll be sure to blog that if I ever see it.

Today I went to Gwangju to record some more guitars at Jordan's. His schedule allows him about 6 hours in the middle of the day, so we decided to take advantage. Unfortunately for me, it was pouring rain when I left. So I arrived at his place at about 1pm, wet from the waist down, and sweating like mad cause it was way too warm to be lugging around a guitar and backpack. We quickly realized, however, that I had forgotten some important pieces of gear (like a cable, and a way to hear ourselves play) so we went searching. We did find what we needed, but we also found that the guy who was supposed to be fixing Jordan's guitar (the buzz that wouldn't go away) apparently knows nothing about guitars. Nice to know. So they want Jordan to trade his guitar for another, since they don't know how to fix it. So we spent some time trying to figure something out with them. In the end, Jordan ended up taking the guitar home, and he'll decide whether he can get someone else to fix it, or if he'll have to trade it for one that works. We did get some work done eventually, though. We got the acoustic guitar tracks for Hope and Ocean Eyes. So I will get the bass done this weekend for both of those and hopefully others. And I'll be back in Gwangju on Sunday to play at Dong Myoung Church and record some more guitars. Things are busy!

No comments: