Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Goodbye Carwash

I was surprised by a loud clanging yesterday morning, and Dawn and I discovered that two guys were taking apart the gas station's carwash. This thing was old and derelict, and held together with duct tape I think. I thought they were just fixing it again, but by early afternoon they were cutting the cement with what looked like a gas powered table saw on wheels, and Crane picking up the carwashthey had the entire circuit board from the inside of the carwash laying on the ground. Then finally, at about 7 pm or so, I heard a loud bang from outside. I was laying some bass tracks at the time, but even with my headphones on and music playing, the noise was loud. I quickly looked outside fearing for my life, and it turned out to be a crane with a grabber pulling the carwash off the ground and onto itsJordan laying some vocals side. They then proceeded to cut the carwash a bit, and finish it off by letting the crane rip it apart and load it into the back of a truck. I got a few photos and some good audio. Hopefully the carwash will stay gone, though I seriously doubt that it won't be replaced by a new, louder one. And they're still cutting cement around where it was, which is louder than the carwash could ever have been. Aah life at a gas station.

Recordings continue, though today I forgot to take the power cord for the laptop that makes up the core of my recording gear, so we didn't get much of that done today. So Jordan and I had ourselves a lengthy practice, going over vocals and such. Pretty productive actually. Though I'm still fairly mad at myself for forgetting the damn thing. Oh well.

No comments: