Friday, March 16, 2007

Still Recording...

So the recording of Jordan Emmans' first solo record is progressing nicely. I should have some samples to share soon enough, with Jordan's permission of course. He will be over on Saturday and I may be going to Gwangju on Sunday to continue. The only thing is, we were hoping to have the entire thing done for the end of the month, but that is definitely not going to happen now. Unless of course the vocal fairies come and lay down our vocal tracks for us. That would be great. Or even if the room fairies come and make this room a little more suitable for recording said vocals. That would also be great. As it is, I'm gonna have to find a way to make this room a little less reverberant, or a different shape, whichever seems easier. But the songs are sounding good so far, and soon we'll be ready to do vocals. Hopefully before Jordan goes to China in April.

Other than that, things are going slowly as always. I've been playing hockey once in a while with the guys. The last timThat's Neal in there somewhere...e we played I even got to go in goal! I hadn't played in net for 7 years or so, but I think I did okay. Let in some soft ones, but I made quite a few stops. We also celebrated Abby's birthday last weekend, and it was an interesting night. Somebody decided that it would be fun to play games with toilet paper, so people wrapped themselves in it, wrapped other people in it and wrapped cars in it. Got a little crazy. Got some good pictures though. Apparently some other people got some better ones... I'll explain that if you ask me!

Anyway, gotta go back to mixing, this whole recording thing is getting to be like a full time job!

No comments: