Friday, March 23, 2007

Update on the carwash!

Well, it looks like they are indeed going to be putting in a new car wash, and it looks to be a lot bigger than its predecessor. I hope it will be a little quieter than the last one, but somehow I doubt it will be worth the distress it has caused us. They started the construction of the new car wash with a bang (literally) at 7:15 am on Wednesday. They began by destroying the concrete that was there with what looked like a front end loader with no bucket on it, but a large drill-like protrusion that they simply use to bash the concrete until it breaks. This, of course, woke us up with a start, as it shook the entire building every time they did it. It took them until the late afternoon. They then proceeded to make more cuts in the concrete with a jackhammer, and cut rebar and welded things all day yesterday, and today they are just about to pour concrete. This time they actually have a drain in the car wash, too. That should be an improvement to the lake that usually forms on warm days. Ah the life at a gas station.

You may have noticed a new gadget in the sidebar of this blog, though you probably didn't. Anyway, there's a new player for my music and other things. You can simply click on the file you want to hear, and it will play it for you. It may take a little time to buffer itself though, so be patient. I'll keep adding things as I make them. The version of Jordan Emmans' Tightrope that's there feature's me playing lead guitar. I just finished it last night, so it's not perfect, but I like it. We'll see what Jordan thinks...

Update: The new gadget isn't working, hopefully it will soon though. Sorry about that!

Update: Okay, seems to be good now, no worries!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least you're no longer sick! Tried to listen to your song, but firefox keeps wanting to update, and than I lose what I loaded; too frustrating.Will try again after the funeral. Dad